Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My First Pintester Movement

Here is the link to the Pintester's blog.

I decided to try this pin... making a "DIY Self-Watering Wine Bottle Planter. The directions sort of glossed over the whole part about lighting the string on fire, so I also referred to this youtube video to understand the process better. When you're lighting flammable things on fire, I find that it's best to try to understand what you're doing.
I didn't much need or want a self-watering wine bottle planter, but I thought it sounded like fun to set string on fire and cut wine bottles in half.
The first issue I had was that I had no wine bottles. I drink wine from a box... I'm classy that way. So I asked a neighbor and she came through for me. She was concerned about me setting fire to flammable material, but I didn't let that stop me.
The hardest part of the entire process was removing the label from the wine bottle. I soaked the bottle in water and scraped off what I could. I removed the rest with adhesive remover. It doesn't work nearly as easily as you think it would. But for you all... I persevered.
Once the label was removed, I collected the rest of the items needed: Scissors, string, nail-polish remover (with acetone), matches and a bucket of water.
I wanted to set up my tripod so I could record the dramatic event! This was the only part of the whole process where I was injured. The damn tripod pinched me. It doesn't look very painful in the picture, but trust me... it hurt!
I also asked my daughter take photos with another camera... to record the flaming of the string and the possible injuries to her mother. She was NOT happy about it and tried to talk me out of it! Again, I persevered.
Here's the video of my experience.
It's long... which only increases the anticipation!
So now that you've enjoyed the mayhem that ensued... here's the result:

LIES!!!!!!
FAIL.



[I reposted this because I didn't have a blog when I did this the first time around]










No comments:

Post a Comment